What is a family history record?
Ever wonder what’s in a family history record? A family history contains the following information:
- Stories and biographies.
- Old photographs of relatives and heirlooms
- Genealogy charts
- Copies of old documents
- Full names (maiden names for women)
- Dates and places of important events (births, marriages and deaths)
Why create your own family history record?
Your family history holds the fascinating key to where you came from.
By creating a record of their lives you preserve a precious piece of history
for generations to come.
What are the steps to creating a family history record?
The steps for creating your own family history record:
1. Find the easy information first.
2. Choose a record-keeping system.
3. Find the challenging information.
4. Create and share your family history record.
Visit our genealogy course pages
- Getting Started
- Record-keeping Systems
- Creating Family History Records
- Finding Challenging Information
- Share Your Discoveries
or contact us for more information.