Create a Family History Record
What is a family history record?
Your family history holds fascinating information about where you come from.
By creating a record of their lives, you are preserving a valuable part of your past
for future generations. A family history record can contain the following:
- Stories and biographies
- Old photographs of relatives and heirlooms
- Genealogy charts (pedigree and family group sheets)
- Copies of old documents
- Full names (include maiden names for women)
- Dates and the places of important events (births, marriages, deaths)
To create a family history record:
1. Obtain a three-ring binder or scrap book to use as your book binder.
2. Place the completed pedigree chart in the binder as page 1 as an index.
3. Add completed family group sheets for each family on the pedigree chart.
4. Make copies of any of the above-listed documents and place them behind their family group sheet.
5. Add to your collection of historical photos and documents as you find them.
6. Share copies of your family history with your family members.