The Grafton State School on 6th St., W., in Grafton, North Dakota was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. It includes work dating from 1901. It includes Prairie School, Beaux Arts, and Classical Revival architecture. There were six contributing buildings and one other contributing structure–remnants of tunnels connecting the buildings–included in the 3,427 acres (1,387 ha) of the listing. It has also been known as the North Dakota Institution for the Feeble Minded.
It is significant as representing “the official effort of the State of North Dakota to care for its developmentally disabled citizens during the twentieth century, and … for its association with Dr. A. R. T. Wylie, superintendent during 1910-1933 and a leading figure nationally in the care of the developmentally disabled. Wikipedia