Cashel, North Dakota (Unincorporated Community)
Peak Population: 80 in 1920
Post Office Established: December 17, 1877
Post Office Closed: March 15, 1943
Location: NE 1/4 Sec. 26-158-52
Township: Martin Twp.
Other Names: None
“CASHEL is the first Northern Pacific Railroad Station NE of Grafton, located in the NE 1/4 Sec. 26-158-52, Martin Twp. The name honors John Lyons Cashel Sr. (1848-1926), a Grafton Banker, realtor and politician who owned the town site. The family name comes from the ancient city of Cashel, county Tiperary, in southern Ireland. The post office was established December 17, 1877, with Charles Moore as postmaster, and it was closed March 15, 1943, with mail to Drayton. A population of 80 was listed in 1920.” 2