Fairchild, North Dakota (Incorporated)
Established: May 5, 1884
Postmaster: George O. Sevinson
Location: NW ¼ Sec. 4-157-54, Fertile Twp., 7 miles NE of Park River
Closed: February 19, 1885 with mail to Perry
FAIRCHILD: This was a rural post office established May 5, 1884, with George O. Sevinson as postmaster. It was located in NW ¼ Sec. 4-157-54, Fertile Township., seven miles NE of Park River, and closed February 19, 1885, with mail to Perry. The origin of the name is unknown. (25,40,414)(pg 62).