Fordville, North Dakota (Incorporated)
Post Office Established: 1905 as MEDFORD
Post Office Name Changed: May 21, 1910 as FORDVILLE
Postmaster: William J. Henry
Location : Sec. 26-155-56, Perth Twp.
Village incorporation : 1911.
Zip Code: 58231
Peak Population: 442 in 1930
FORDVILLE: The Soo Line RR town site of MEDFORD was founded in 1905 in Sec. 26-155-56, Perth Twp., and changed its name to FORDVILLE officially on July 1, 1810, to end confusion with similarly named stations. The new name was coined from MedFORD and BelleVILLE, a rural post office that had merged with MEDFORD in 1907. The FORDVILLE post office adopted the new name on May 21, 1910 during the term of postmaster William J. Henry. The village incorporated in 1911 with Karl Isackson as mayor. It is the eastern terminus of the Drake-Fordville Line. The Zip Code is 58231, and a peak population of 442 was reported in 1930. (1,2,3,40,52,70,75,79,293)(pg 66).
Web Link: ghostsofnorthdakota.com