Henry’s Post, North Dakota
Settled: 1800, a North West Fur Company trading post.
Location: Sec. 36-158-51, Saint Andrews Twp., just above the mouth of the Park River
Alternate Names: Park River Post
HENRY’S POST: This was an alternate name for Park River Post, a short-lived fur trading post built in 1800 by Alexander Henry (1739-1824) of the North West Fur Company. Mr. Henry was one of the major figures in the fur trading business from the Great lakes to the Rocky Mountains. It was located in Sec. 36-158-51, Saint Andrew Twp., just above the mouth of the Park River. A replica of this post is on display at the Interstate 29 rest area just north of Grafton. (2,3,5,75) (pg 89)