Old Crossing, North Dakota (Historic)
Type: Red River Crossing Point (1860’s)
Township: Saint Andrew Township
First Settled: July 20, 1870
OLD CROSSING: This was a crossing point of the Red River in Saint Andrew Twp. (158-51), about twelve miles ENE of Grafton, and known to pioneers as early as the 1860’s. Job and Frank Herrick settled at OLD CROSSING on July 20, 1870, and many years later were enthusiastic members of the Red River Valley Old Settlers Association. The name OLD CROSSING was coined about the time the nearby town site of Saint Andrew was founded in the late 1870’s. 2 (2,3,75,420) (pg 144).