St. Andrews, North Dakota (Historic)
The land upon which St. Andrews is located was originally settled by Michael McGraw and Charles Finkle in the year 1879, and in 1880 the Red River Transportation Co. laid out the town. L. E. Booker, of St. Vincent, opened the first store. In the summer of 1880 Charles Finkle was appointed Postmaster. The settlement, which is located on the Red River, flourished, and for a time gave promise of being quite a town. But, like Acton, the railway took away the business. By 1884, the only store was kept by Mr William McConnell and the post office was still maintained. 1
1. Transcribed from the Andreas’ Historical Atlas of Dakota, 1884, A. T. Andreas, publisher (Chicago: R. R. Donnelley & sons, The Lake Side Press).