Sweden, North Dakota (Historic)
William McKenzie located upon land in Township 158, Range 54, and built a dwelling house and store in 1879. He was soon joined by A. A. Blekken, who also opened a store. A post office called Sweden was established, of which Mr McKenzie was made Postmaster. 1
1. Transcribed from the Andreas’ Historical Atlas of Dakota, 1884, A. T. Andreas, publisher (Chicago: R. R. Donnelley & sons, The Lake Side Press).