Geoff, North Dakota
Post Office Established: September 22, 1899
Postmaster: Geoffrey R.B. Green
Location: Sec. 14-157-59, Dewey Twp., 9 miles west of Adams
Moved to: 2 miles east of Adams to the home of the new postmaster, Lars Dahlgren
Post Office Closed: June 30, 1908
GEOFF: This was a rural post office established September 22, 1899, with Geoffrey R.B. Green as postmaster. It was located in Sec. 14-157-59, Dewey Twp., nine miles west of Adams, and was moved two miles east in 1900 to the home of the new postmaster, Lars Dahlgren. It was given Mr. Green’s nickname. Geoffrey is a Teutonic variant of Godfrey, meaning God’s peace. The post office closed June 30, 1908, with mail to Adams. Goeff is an erroneous spelling. 2 (2,19,40,75)(pg74).