Kinloss, North Dakota (Historic)
Post Office Established: February 13, 1886
Postmaster: John N. McDaniels
Township: Kinloss Township
Location: Sec. 3-158-59, 4 miles NE of Fairdale (rural country store)
Post Office Closed: February 12, 1887 with mail to Gertrude
Post Office Reopened: August 25, 1887, new site 2 miles west.
Post Office Finally Closed: September 27, 1905 with mail going to Fairdale
KINLOSS: This was a rural post office established February 13, 1886, with John N. McDaniels, Postmaster. It was located in the country store operated by John Fauchner in Sec. 3-158-59, Kinloss Twp., four miles NE of Fairdale, and closed February 12, 1887, with mail to Gertrude. Mr. Fauchner named it for his birthplace of Kinloss, Ontario, Canada, which was named for Kinloss, Moray, Scotland. It reopened August 25, 1887, at a new site two miles to the west, and after a couple more moves in this general area, closed for good September 27, 1905, with mail going to the new town site of Fairdale. 2 (2,3,25,40)(pg 103).